INSTITUTE FOR NEW FINANCIAL AID PROFESSIONALS
The 2016 Institute for New Financial Aid Professionals is geared to financial aid practitioners who are new to the role of financial aid and who have not gone through the full financial aid process.
Registration for this event has closed.
This event will be held in the same location as your hotel:
The Westin Denver Downtown
1672 Lawrence Street
Denver, CO 60606
SSS has a limited block of rooms with special rate of $192+ tax for registered Summer Series attendees. To make your housing reservations, you must first register for the Institute. Your registration confirmation will include the link to make your hotel reservations. The housing deadline for registered attendees is July 1st. The rate is subject to change when the room block is filled.
July 12: 2:00pm – 3:15pm EDT
July 13: 2:00pm – 3:15pm EDT
July 14: 2:00pm – 3:15pm EDT
July 25: 7:45am – 4:30pm MT
July 26: 7:45am – 1:00pm MT
Cancellation must be sent by email to Patricia Hayden at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 1, 2016 to receive a refund minus a $100 processing fee. No refunds will be issued after June 1.
Please email Patricia Hayden, Director, Professional Development or call (202) 973-9769 if you have any questions about this event.
ABOUT THE INSTITUTE
The full Institute program is a blended experience that includes three introductory 75-minute webinars highlighting day-to-day management of the financial aid process, familiarity with tax documents, and an in-depth overview of the School Portal’s features and tools; a pre-assignment that introduces you to the SSS Family Portal and Parents’ Financial Statement; and a 1.5 day in-person workshop. Through hands-on application, case studies review, and discussions with peers and experienced facilitators, you will leave feeling well-prepared to take on the upcoming financial aid season.
The institute is designed to help you:
- Gain a strong foundation to make solid financial aid award decisions using the SSS School Portal
- Develop skills to ensure consistency of award decisions across the applicant pool.
- Build confidence to communicate effectively to families and internal stakeholders.
- Get your financial aid office, school community, and parents prepared for the upcoming financial aid season.
If you are unable to attend the full Institute, you can register for the Webinar-Only component that includes the three 75-minute webinars:
- School Portal – Overview of Key Features
- What’s Important to Know When Managing Tax Documents?
- Where Do I Start?
What to Expect
- Homework Assignment: Designed to build your familiarity with the Family Portal and understanding the parent experience with completing the Parents’ Financial Statement. The assignment details and instructions will be sent to registered attendees beginning June 15th.
- Supplemental Resources: You will have access to the Institute Resources page which will include materials, tools and templates to use during the Institute and/or back at the office to help you apply what you learn.
- Technical Requirements: The webinar component of this program is conducted in the WebEx platform. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP (via your computer speakers) capability to participate. For onsite case study work, participants need to bring a laptop with wireless capabilities to access the SSS School Portal.
Who Should Attend
New financial aid practitioners with less than two years of financial aid experience.
Russell L. Gagarin, Director of Financial Aid, Landon School (MD)
Jennifer Wing, Director of Admissions and Financial Aid, Applewild School (MA)
Mark J. Mitchell, Vice President, SSS by NAIS
Melvin Rhoden, School Support Manager, SSS by NAIS
|Program||Early Bird (by 6/9)||Standard (by 7/8)|
|INFAP (full program)||$775||$895|
|INFAP (webinars only)||$175||$225|