Announcing the Andy Noel Award for Professional Excellence
SSS by NAIS is delighted to announce the Andy Noel Award for Professional Excellence (ANA).
Andrew (Andy) B. Noel III, former director of financial aid at Choate Rosemary Hall (CT), fought courageously against cancer but sadly passed away in January 2015. Andy was a well-known and beloved leadership voice not only in the Choate community but nationally. He was an exceptional leader and source of inspiration who not only did the ‘thing right,’ but who also always did the right thing. The SSS by NAIS Andy Noel Award recognizes a financial aid leader in the private school community who exemplifies the traits of expertise, impact, and collegiality that Andy exhibited during his career of service to his school and the broader financial aid network.
We will announce the first ever recipient of this award at the SSS Financial Aid Conference this November in Philadelphia. To make that happen, we'd like to hear from you who deserves this recognition.
Nominate a peer today!
The awardee must be employed by a school or organization that is a current SSS subscriber at the time of selection. The awardee will be able to demonstrate that he/she has:
- Two or more years of financial aid experience
- Significantly contributed to the school(s) and to the financial aid community as a whole
- Exceptionally impacted his/her school’s enrollment goals and demonstrated support of families in the aid process
- Consistently shown support of the faculty, staff, trustees, and administration who are partners in the financial aid process at the school(s) where he or she has worked
Candidates for the award can be self-nominated or nominated by staff or peers/colleagues by completing the SSS ANA Nomination Form. The awardee will:
- Be chosen by a selection committee that includes members of the SSS staff and peers in the financial aid community.
- Receive notification by October 1st
- Be recognized at the 2016 SSS Financial Aid Conference on November 1 at the Loews Philadelphia in Philadelphia, PA
- Receive one (1) complimentary registration for the 2016 SSS Financial Aid Conference. That includes reimbursement for expenses related to travel to and from the conference, such as air/ground transportation and up to two nights’ hotel accommodations at the conference hotel.
Please submit your nomination by September 20th, 2016.
If you have any questions about the ANA or the nomination process, don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.