We look forward to seeing you in Denver! This resource page provides materials and resources related to the Workshop.
Your pre-event assignment is completing a quiz. This assignment will test your knowledge and help us ensure that we can deliver content that helps you better manage your families with businesses. The assignment is due COB (close of business) Thursday, July 21. To complete your assignment, you must first set up an account and register for the quiz. And we recommend you download the following tax documents to help answer the questions: Form 1040, Schedule C, Schedule D, and Schedule E.
To set up your account and complete the quiz:
- Click on the following link: http://quizstar.4teachers.org/indexs.jsp
- Click “Sign up.”
- Enter your first and last name, a username, and a password, and then hit enter.
- Click on the blue link at the bottom of the page that says “Click here to search a new class.”
- In the first dialogue box, type “Advanced Topics in Financial Aid” and hit enter.
- Check the box next to the course that appears and select “register.”
- On the following screen, select “classes” at the top in blue.
- Click on the blue link that reads “1 Untaken Quizzes.”
- Next to the quiz “Advanced Topics in Financial Aid” select “Take.”
- When you have finished the quiz, you may review your answers by selecting "Review this quiz."
Contact Patricia Hayden at (202) 973-9769 or via email at email@example.com with questions.
In-Person Materials and Resources
- Onsite Agenda
- Acronyms, Terms and Definitions
- Principles of Good Practice (PGPs)
- Guiding Principles for Families
- Put It In Writing: A Guide to Creating A Financial Aid Policy Manual
- SSS Methodology Overview
- 2015 Quick Reference Chart
- Five Steps to Reviewing a Financial Aid Folder
- How to Apply for Financial Aid flyer
Sample Resources from Other Schools
NOTE: These samples are being provided as a courtesy, with permission from representatives of the schools to which they belong, to help you craft your own correspondence or other documentation. Providing these samples does not imply that either NAIS or SSS staff specifically endorse or recommend the policies that the samples may reflect.
Landon School (MD)
Woodberry Forest School (VA)
- Award Letter
- Denial Letter
- Financial Aid Info for International Family
- Incomplete Financial Aid Application Letter
- Financial Aid Policy Statement – Divorce and Separated Parents
St. Stephen's Episcopal School (TX)
- Financial Aid Info for Returning Families
- Financial Aid Deny Letter
- Financial Aid Information for Returning Families
- Financial Aid Wait Pool Letter
- Financial Aid Award Letter (screen shot)
- How to Apply for Financial Aid
Brentwood Academy (TN)
St. Andrew's School (Delaware)
Phillips Exeter Academy (New Hampshire)