INSTITUTE FOR NEW FINANCIAL AID PROFESSIONALS
The 2017 Institute for New Financial Aid Professionals is geared toward financial aid practitioners with two or less years experience.
This event will be held in the same location as your hotel:
Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor
300 Light Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
SSS has a limited block of rooms with special rate of $179+ tax for registered Summer Series attendees. To make your housing reservations, you must first register for the Institute. Your registration confirmation will include the link to make your hotel reservations. The housing deadline for registered attendees is July 7th. The rate is subject to change when the room block is filled.
July 11: 2:00 pm – 3:15 pm EDT
July 12: 2:00 pm – 3:15 pm EDT
July 13: 2:00 pm – 3:15 pm EDT
July 24: 7:45 am – 4:30 pm EDT
July 25: 8:00 am – 1:00 pm EDT
Cancellation must be sent by email to Patricia Hayden at email@example.com by June 2, 2017 to receive a refund minus a $100 processing fee. No refunds will be issued after June 2nd.
Please email Patricia Hayden, Director, Professional Development or call (202) 973-9769 if you have any questions about this event.
ABOUT THE INSTITUTE
The full Institute program is a blended experience that includes three introductory 75-minute webinars highlighting day-to-day management of the financial aid process, familiarity with tax documents, and an in-depth overview of the School Portal’s features and tools; a pre-assignment that introduces you to the SSS Family Portal and Parents’ Financial Statement; and a 1.5 day in-person workshop. Through hands-on application, case studies review, and discussions with peers and experienced facilitators, you will leave feeling well-prepared to take on the upcoming financial aid season.
The institute is designed to help you:
Gain a strong foundation to make solid financial aid award decisions using the SSS School Portal
Develop skills to ensure consistency of award decisions across the applicant pool.
Build confidence to communicate effectively to families and internal stakeholders.
Get your financial aid office, school community, and parents prepared for the upcoming financial aid season.
Your registration includes three 75-minute webinars:
- School Portal – Overview of Key Features
- What’s Important to Know When Managing Tax Documents?
- Where Do I Start?
Who Should Attend
New financial aid practitioners with less than two years of financial aid experience.
What to Expect
- Homework Assignment: Designed to build your familiarity with the Family Portal and understanding the parent experience with completing the Parents’ Financial Statement. Instructions to access the training portal will be sent to registered attendees by June 15th. The assignment details will be sent after you receive your training portal access.
- Supplemental Resources: You will have access to the Institute Resources page which will include materials, tools and templates to use during the Institute and/or back at the office to help you apply what you learn.
- Technical Requirements: The webinar component of this program is conducted in the WebEx platform. Special software is not required. You only need a standard web browser and telephone or VoIP (via your computer speakers) capability to participate.
- On-site: All participants must bring a laptop with wireless capabilities to access the SSS School Portal to complete case study work.
Russell L. Gagarin, Director of Financial Aid, Landon School (MD)
Jennifer Wing, Director of Admissions and Financial Aid, Applewild School (MA)
Mark J. Mitchell, Vice President, SSS by NAIS
Melvin Rhoden, School Support Manager, SSS by NAIS
|Program||Early Bird (by 6/2)||Standard (by 7/7)|
|INFAP (full program)||$750||$875|